Yesterday I got a facebook friend request. From my sister’s friends. From a 12 year old.
Now, I don’t know about you, but this felt morally wrong to me. Why?
1) Facebook is a place where stupid mistakes happen. It’s so easy, when you’re a tween, to put out too much personal information, get into facebook fights, post pictures you’ll regret, etc.,. The list goes on. Even my dad posts things that he regrets, and he’s middle-aged.
2)I really don’t think it’s a place that young tweens should be wasting their time on. I didn’t even get a facebook until last year, and I don’t think it majorly revolutionized my life in any way… There are so many more meaningful things a kid can be doing that trolling through their friend’s friends’ pages.
3) Most importantly, my sister is not allowed to have a facebook. And if I ‘friend’ her friend it would be like saying, I don’t respect a) the facebok regulations (ages 13 and up only) but mostly b) my parent’s beliefs and parenting ideas.
Anyway, maybe I’m just old-fashioned… : /
Wow, so many things have happened! In no particular order-
1) My Biology teacher wears a different tie every class and I just think that’s so cool. I decided to get one too. Holla if you like the girl-wearing-tie fashion!
2) My Dad had to leave today. He’s going to be in another country for three months! 😦 I’m really going to miss him, but it’s for his job so I guess that’s good. I also wish I could go with him 😀 I want to travel!! But yeah, I’m a little sad today…
3) Not to promote myself but––I made a picture the day before yesterday and I’m really proud of it…!
4) I’m going to be singing in a recital at a Nursing Home pretty soon. I feel like it’s such a wonderful thing to bring young people and music into the lives of these seniors so I’m pretty excited.
5) I attended an online college fair about studying in Canada, and decided to apply to yet another school. I know, I know, I said 11 schools is enough but it was a good deal. Here’s why:
a) The application fee was $24 dollars (as opposed to $75 for American colleges).
b) Studying in Canada is overall WAY cheaper than studying in the US.
c) The application process is quick. No essays, or teacher recommendations. It’s a dream come true.
d) I’m worried that I won’t get accepted anywhere!!!! I just had too!! Just in case!!!
e) This particular school notifies you if you’ve been accepted 3-4 days after you apply!!
f) I’ve always wanted to go to Canada. This school is Nova Scotia which is supposed to be a gem.
Give yourself a high-five if you survived this post!
As for me, I should go do some homework…